Uninstalling and Reinstalling Procedures for LoadRunner
• Uninstall and reinstall procedures should be done while logging in with full administrator
• Extraneous background applications on the system should be closed. Most “normal”
programs will not interfere with the installation, but things like Virus Scanners and other
system level tools may interfere with the installation program without issuing any sort of
warning or error messages. The problems may only present themselves as erratic behavior
after the tool is installed.
• Any patches applied on top of the Default installation will need to be reapplied after the reinstall.
1. Make sure that all running LoadRunner processes (including the Controller, VuGen, Analysis
and the Remote Command Launcher (for 6.x) or the LoadRunner Agent Process/Service (for
7.x & 8.x)) are closed.
2. Back up any existing scripts that may have been saved in the LoadRunner installation folder.
(The scripts are sometimes saved in a “scripts” subdirectory under the LoadRunner installation
3. Run the uninstall program from the LoadRunner program group (or) use the Windows
Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel. If any prompt is given about removing shared
files, remove all the shared DLLs that are reported as no longer being in use. In the very rare
instance this causes a problem for some other application it may be necessary to reinstall that
other application. This is not generally a problem because every application should have
registered which DLLs it needs to run.
4. Reboot the machine after the Uninstall wizard is complete. This will complete the basic
5. Delete all LoadRunner folders (including the ones in the Startup menu for the Remote
Command Launcher (LoadRunner 6.x) or Agent Process (LoadRunner 7.x & 8.x)).
6. If the installation is LoadRunner 6.x, delete the Borland folder (usually under C:\Borland or
7. Do a search for the following files and remove them from all locations — they will be replaced
during the reinstall.
8. Open the registry editor (Start Run regedit).
9. Delete the following keys:
a. For LoadRunner 6.x only:
b. Go to
Delete all the folders under Loadrunner or anything related to LoadRunner
except “License2” and/or “License” under LoadRunner..
10. Empty the Recycle Bin.
1. After the uninstall procedure is completed as above, reinstall the product (or a different version of the product). You do not need to reboot at the end of the prior steps to run the installation program.
2. Insert the LoadRunner CD you received into the CD-ROM drive and follow the installation instructions on the screen.
3. Reboot the machine after the installation is completed (it is important to complete the installation.). Make sure that you have full administrator privileges on the machine while logging back in after the reboot. This is necessary as systems tries to write few registry entries.
If your old license key does not work, please refer to LoadRunner Knowledge Base Problem ID 11876 – Common License issues for LoadRunner 6.x and 7.x. You may need a new license key for your installation.
Log in to answer.
Copyright © dBuggr.com - All Rights Reserved.