GIVE ME A QUICK SUMMARY ABOUT DBUGGR.
- dBuggr is a technical knowledge base. NOT a question and answer forum.
- dBuggr contributors shares technical knowledge and experience, including BOTH issues encountered and solutions found.
- Contributors get to share 50% of dBuggr’s ad revenue MONTHLY.
- If you already have a technical cheat sheet (notes) in word, excel, txt format, dBuggr is a perfect knowledge base to load them all!
- dBuggr is focusing on building technical knowledge base, which means dBuggr contributors actively add real problems and authentic solutions to the knowledge base.
- Unlike other places where people need to read through many pages and discussions in order to find a solution to the problem, dBuggr has the straight solution that get to the point. No time is wasted for knowledge seekers.
WHY SHARE IN DBUGGR?
- Even though dBuggr is new, and the initial ad revenue share will be minimum, but the potential to earn good money regularly is great.
- You will continue to share dBuggr’s revenue into the future even if you decided to take a break. Every month you will share a portion of the 50%.
- You encounter tech problems everyday, and you resolve issues. Your boss won’t give you a bonus because of your excellent work done. Why not post your knowledge to dBuggr and start make it a bonus for you? You deserve the Reward!
- Posting in dBuggr is very easy. You just describe your problem, and describe how you resolve it. It should take you less than 5 minutes, but yet has the potential to continue generating money for you. Imagine the potential.
- You use dBuggr, like a notepad, to store your knowledge. You can always find your knowledge in case you need it in the future.
CAN I POST A QUESTION AND WAIT FOR OTHERS TO ANSWER?
Shortest answer is: No.
Shorter answer is: Because our system is engineered in the way that you are the only person allowed to post answer to your own question.
Short answer is: There are ga-zillion technical forums, web sites, online communities, pay for answer …etc out there where you can ask questions and get some sort of response. Some for free, some you need to pay. dBuggr wants to change the model. We want to do the other way around, which means when you share your knowledge, you will get rewarded. (50% of our total ad revenue)
HOW DO I START?
- Sign up
- Post all your technical knowledge and expertise into our database.
That’s it. You’re done!
DO I NEED TO PAY TO JOIN AND SHARE?
Nay, Nah, Nope, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! It’s absolutely free to join!
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
dBuggr is a technical knowledge base community for techies. You can be software developer, DBA, network engineer, systems admin, IT support, web developer, IT consultant, hardware engineer, IC engineer … etc. If you have technical knowledge, you are welcome to share your expertise.
HOW DO I SHARE KNOWLEDGE?
- After login, there are two text boxes on the top of the home page. This is where you post your knowledge TOPIC and SOLUTION!
- Clicking on “Post it” to submit your knowledge. It will show up after few seconds right below the post box.
- You’re done! You just shared your knowledge with the world and participated in our revenue sharing program. That was quick, huh?
HOW DOES REVENUE SHARING WORK?
It’s simple. EVERY MONTH 50% of all our ad revenue income goes into a pool shared among all dBuggr.com users. We have developed a score system called “dBscore”. Each month every dBuggr.com user will get a score based on various factors such as the number of new notes, popularity of the notes, usefulness of the notes … etc. The score will determine the dollar amount each user would get for that particular month. We will continue to improve dBscore, making it fair to everyone, therefore don’t waste your time trying to find out the algorithm behind dBscore. dBuggr reserves the right to default your account and its earnings if you’re caught violating our TOS or policies.
HOW DOES DBUGGR EARN REVENUE?
We want to build a profitable and self-sustaining company that shares our income with our community. Currently we place ads (such as google adsense) on every note page posted by our users. We will earn sharable incoming when a visitor click on the ad or make a purchase through an affiliate link. We allow search engines to index your notes so that others can find your wonderful knowledge when they search.
HOW TO UPLOAD MY PERSONAL AVATAR?
You can upload personal avatar (photo) in your profile.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A KNOWLEDGE IS ACCURATE OR NOT?
After trying out, you can rate a knowledge using our “star rating system” that is near the contributor’s avatar. Please be fair when you give rating. If you find something really useful to you, definitely give it more stars to show appreciation! You can also add your comment using the “discuss” link.
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT CAN I POST?
Since dBuggr is a technical oriented community, we only want to see technology related “know-how” in our knowledge base. This includes hardware, software, Java, Mainframe, UNIX, Oracle, Windows, Linux, Router … and many others. However, how to lose weight in 10 days or make money at home business is NOT technology. You get the point, right? We do NOT tolerate SPAM under any circumstances and you will be warned and banned if you violate our NO SPAM policy. To share our ad revenue, you need to contribute actual technical knowledge “content”. (Both problem and solution, and not simply a link) You can include a link at the end of the knowledge to give credit to the source. The posts that are not related to technical knowledge, OR does not provide sufficient content will be deleted. In addition, we do not welcome duplicated articles that are originally written for SEO purpose. Those SEO articles do not add values to our visitors and community, and therefore will be removed.
I FOUND SOMETHING USEFUL FROM OTHER PLACE? CAN I POST?
Internet is a great place to learn new things. Many times we search the web to find answers, and we want to jot it down so we don’t forget the next time. We encourage users to write their notes in their own words. Cite the source URL, play fair and use common sense. Regardless, we strongly encourage sharing “Unique” and “Original” writing. Even you learn from other places, you can still write and share it in your own words. We will review and remove any content that infringes copyright upon receiving complaint.
DO I CONTINUE TO GET PAID WITHOUT ADDING NEW NOTES?
YES. You will continue to receive dBscore and revenue sharing monthly. Our goal is to make dBuggr a knowledge base community where we can all benefit from each other’s knowledge. We believe your knowledge is a valuable asset of yours. If, for instance, people are still searching, looking, and benefiting from your knowledge after two years, you still deserve to get rewarded.
However, we do encourage everyone to continue adding and updating their knowledge. After all, knowledge sharing IS a life long activity!
HOW DO I GET PAID?
We currently use PayPal to pay our contributors. You’re responsible for setting up a PAYPAL account in order to withdraw your shared revenue. You need to make sure your correct PayPal e-mail address is on file with us. Please check your e-mail address in your profile.
WHEN CAN I WITHDRAW MONEY?
You can withdraw your accumulated money when you reach withdraw threshold.
WHAT IS THE WITHDRAW THRESHOLD?
Currently the withdraw threshold is $5. You will see a “withdraw” button on your account when your total accumulate shared revenue reaches $5. We will process your request after you click on the withdraw button and your money is on the way to your PayPal account!
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT MY SHARE OF EARNING?
Each month after we received payment from our affiliate programs, we will process the income and distribute to the sharing pool. You will see the transactions under “My Earnings“.
HOW ABOUT TAXES?
If you receive cash from dBuggr you must claim it as income. If you are in the US and earn more than $600 from dBuggr in a year, we will need your Tax ID information so we can send you a 1099. If you’re in the US and earn less than $600 in a year, you should check with your accountant for advice on how to claim these earnings. If you live outside the US, check with your country or state to find out the related tax laws apply to this type of income.
WHERE DO I ENTER THE TITLE OF MY KNOWLEDGE?
The system by default will use the first line of the topic textbox (top textarea) as your title. If your first line is too long, the system will use the first 80 characters as your title. In addition, you can also revise your title by using the edit link.