How do you add google analytics to your website?
1. You need to create a google analytics account – go to http://www.google.com/analytics
2. Log into your new account
3. Create and account – you can have multiple sites under one account
4. Once the account is created and then click on the newly created account
5. Click on new property
6. Add property name and URL
7. Once property is created, click on tracking code. You should then copy the script which looks like this:
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (’https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(’script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
8. The above script then needs to be pasted either in your sites header (between and tags, or pasted at the end of the Body right before “.”
Log in to answer.
Copyright © dBuggr.com - All Rights Reserved.