How to restore iPod to factory setting?
If your iPod gets completely messed up, and a simple reset won’t fix it. Blanking out your iPod and restoring it to factory settings is often the only solution. This is a step-by-step guide on how to restore the iPod.
Before restoring iPod, you need make sure all your files are backed up in somewhere.
1. Make sure that you have Internet connection, download and install the latest version of iTunes from Apple.com if necessary.
2. Open iTunes. Connect your iPod to your computer. After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source panel in iTunes.
3. From iTunes, click on your iPod name in the left navigation bar. It’ll bring you to the summary page.
4. Click Restore and your iPod will restore itself to factory settings.
The iPod restore process includes iTunes downloading and installing iPod software and bug fixes. You will see a window that looks like this. Follow the onscreen instructions.
5. If you are using a Mac, you will be asked to enter an administrator’s name and password and a progress bar will appear on the computer screen, indicating that stage one of the restore process has begun. When this stage is done, iTunes will present one of two messages with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.
Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter
Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore
6. During stage two of the process, the iPod displays an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. The progress bar may be difficult to see, because the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
7. After process is complete, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear. It will ask you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences.
8. If you are using Windows, you will be prompted with more restore options that may prompt iTunes to auto download the latest iPod software. Holding down the SHIFT key before clicking the Restore button will allow you to browse your computer for version of firmware you wish to use.
a. Restores with same iPod version already on iPod
b. Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
c. Use Newest Version – Restores with the latest iPod Software available.
d. Restore and Update – Restores with the latest iPod Software available.
Now you’ve got an empty, freshly formatted iPod. Enjoy this tips on iPod restore.
Log in to answer.
Copyright © dBuggr.com - All Rights Reserved.